General Competition Floor Rules
All competitors must wear the WHITE bracelet for 3 days – DO NOT REMOVE this bracelet
- Only competitors and their models may enter the competition arena. Any other person entering the arena must obtain permission from the organiser or floor judges - this includes all media.
- Competitors will be allowed to set up their tools and products during the competition briefing. All kit boxes and bags (other than personal handbags to be placed under the chair) will be moved to the back wall of the arena. They will not be left at the nail desk. If there are drawers in the nail desks, products and tools can be stored inside them. Techs are invited to use the desk drawers during the comp.
- A full set (2 hands), unless otherwise stated, must be completed and all work must be finished in the time allotted for the competition.
- Each competition will have a briefing, scheduled 20 minutes prior to the start of each event.
- Competitors & models must be present for the briefing and remain at their desks until the conclusion of the competition.
- Once the briefing starts, the competitor may not touch the model’s nails until the competition begins. If any competitor touches their model’s nails once the briefing has begun, they will have 5-points deducted from their final score.
- Model’s nails will be checked by floor judges during the briefing to be certain no work has been done previously. Tables will be checked – if products are found unlabeled they will be confiscated/taken until the end of the competition. Tip boxes and forms will also be checked to make sure no pre-sizing, tailoring or blending has been undertaken – unless the comp allows it.
- If it’s decided by the judges that prep work has been done on the model prior to the briefing, the competitor will receive a 5-point deduction from their final score.
- Once the allotted time is up, competitors must stop work immediately: all competitors must leave the competition arena until all models have left the area to be judged. (This will take some time, so it’s advised that competitors take their handbags with them.) Competitors
will be allowed back in the arena as soon as possible
to clear desks or prepare for removal or the next competition.
- Any competitor found to still be working on their model after the close of the competition will be disqualified by a floor judge.
- When instructed, competitors are responsible for making sure their model understands the judging procedure and directing them to visit each judge before leaving. (There may be up to 8 judges to see.)
- Models must not leave the arena until they have been judged/seen by ALL judges. Any model leaving
the judging arena prior to being judged will be disqualified.
- Floor judges have the right to remove, disqualify or award points to any competitor seen breaking the rules of the competition.
- As this is an international competition – the organiser appreciates things happen that we have no control over. This means the organiser will accept a late competitor (already registered & expected) up to 10 minutes into the competition. As long as there is a spare nail desk. New registrations that show up on the day of the competition will not be able to enter for Estonia– as it is a computerized system that is locked before the event. You MUST register up to 2 weeks before.
- Competitors can use mobile phones and tablets to time the competition and utilise social media during the competition. Please use hashtags #nailympia / #nailympiacompetitions.
- Any competitor not abiding by these rules will take whatever point deduction is offered by the floor judges. For those rules not specifying a point deduction, there
will be one warning, thereafter it will be a 5-point deduction for the next warning and disqualification for the third infringement.
- Judges’ decisions are final. Score sheets will be given out at locations where the scoring is done on paper, for London, score sheets will be sent via email after the event.
- Any draws or ties in scores are investigated and a winner awarded by the head judge after Judge 1 scores have been analysed.
- Be kind to your model. It’s a long day for them. Make sure they take a bathroom break before the competition. Keep your model fed and well hydrated throughout the competition day. Your model is welcome to time your progress on his/her mobile phone or tablet.
The team at Nailympia is not responsible for any competitor not adhering to or understanding the rules.
It is an INFRINGMENT of copyright to recreate trademarked logos and characters. DO NOT use Disney characters, Warner Bros, Universal or any form of music icons in your designs. These will be disqualified at registration. PLEASE use only your own ideas, imagination and creations in your artwork.
- Next >>