General Competition Floor Rules
NB -Teams are created by Division. All techs in each team must be from the same division. A team must include 3-6 competitors.
Only competitors and their models may enter the competition arena. Interpreters are allowed but must be authorised by the organisers.Any other person entering the arena must obtain permission from the organiser or floor judges - this includes all media.
- Competitors will be allowed to set up their tools and products BEFORE the competition briefing.All kit boxes and bags (other than personal handbags to be placed under the chair) will be moved to the back wall of the arena. They will not be left at the nail desk. No bags or cases to be blocking the aisle – it must be clear for floor judges. Deductions will be made if cases are seen in the wrong place.If there are drawers in the nail desks, products and tools can be stored inside them.
- Electric extension leads must only be used from the socket provided for the desk. They must not be used at another desk (unless approved by on site electricians and not a health & safety risk).
- Each desk has a desk light and 2 electric sockets. It is the responsibility of the competitor to have plug adaptors and extension leads for more appliances. If a floor judge is unsure of the safety of plug adaptors, extension leads or electrical appliances they will need to call the onsite electricians, which could cause a delay in that competitor starting the competition.
- All local health & safety rules must be followed.
- Fan heaters or other local heating appliances may not be allowed.
- No lighters or matches to be allowed. No naked flame to heat up tips etc. This is a fire risk.
- A full set (2 hands), unless otherwise stated, must be completed and all work must be finished in the time allotted for the competition.
- Each competition will have a briefing, scheduled 15-minutes prior to the start of each event.
- Competitors must be present for the briefing and remain at their desks until the conclusion of the competition. Models may be asked to leave the floor during the briefing.
- Once the briefing starts, the competitor may not touch the model’s nails until the competition begins. If any competitor touches their model’s nails once the briefing has begun, they will have 5-points deducted from their final score.
- Model’s nails will be checked by floor judges during the briefing to be certain no work has been done previously.
- Tables will be checked – All products on the desk must be correctly labelled. All nail products must be in their original packaging. The only exceptions to this are solvents or alcohols that have been decanted into pumps and must be correctly labelled. e.g acetone, IPA. All products used must be legal and cosmetically approved for use on the nails.
- Tip boxes and forms will be checked to make sure no pre-sizing, tailoring or blending has been undertaken.Tip boxes (where appropriate) must be a box of at least 100 tips of various sizes arranged in sizes. Tips must be used straight from the box without any pre-tailoring. Only clear or natural are allowed not white. If the floor judges suspect any pre-tailoring or pre-sizing, a decision will be made by the head floor judge for the category plus one other judge and result in a 20-point deduction for the first infringement and disqualification for the second infringement in any subsequent category. This is in association with the rules on forms. That is, a first infringement may be when using tips. A second infringement may be associated with forms.
- Forms must be used from a roll of at least 25 forms. There must be no pre-tailoring. Free edge support, which is manufacturedwithin the form, is allowed, but not if manually added before the competition. If the floor judges suspect any pre-tailoring, a decision will be made by the head floor judge for the category plus one other judge and will result in a 20-point deduction for the first infringement and disqualification for the second infringement in any subsequent category. This is in association with tips. That is, a first infringement may be when using forms. A second infringement may be when using tips.
- If it’s decided by the judges that prep work has been done on the model prior to the briefing, the competitor will receive a 5-point deduction from their final score.
- Once the allotted time is up, competitors must stop work immediately: all competitors must leave the competition arena until all models have left the area to be judged. (This will take some time, so it’s advised that competitors take their handbags with them.) Competitorswill be allowed back in the arena as soon as possibleto clear desks or for enhancement removal.
- Any competitor found to still be working on their model after the close of the competition will be disqualified by a floor judge.
- Competitors are responsible for making sure their model understands the judging procedure and directing them to visit each judge before leaving. (There can be up to 9 judges behind the curtain.)
- Models must not leave the arena until they have been judged/seen by ALL judges. Any model leaving the judging arena prior to being judged will be disqualified.
- Floor judges have the right to remove, disqualify or award point deductions to any competitor seen to be breaking the rules.
- As this is an international competition – the organiser appreciates things happen that we have no control over. This means the organiser will accept a late competitor (already registered & expected) up to 10-minutes into the competition. New registrations that show up on the day of the competition will not be able to enter in London – as it is a computerized system that is locked before the event. You MUST register up to 2-weeks before. USA, Australasia and Estonia may allow late entries.
- Please download score sheets from the Nailympia website so you can see exactly where points are awarded. All score sheets can be downloaded from https://nailympia.eu/en/competitros/score-sheets .
- Competitors must not share products during the competition without approval from a floor judge.
- Kit bags must be stored away from the desks and may not be accessed without approval from the floor judges. The drawers in the desks are for storage only and not for use during the competition. All products and tools for the category must be placed on the desk. Any products that are not allowed for use in the category found on the desk will be confiscated. A repeat of this infringement may result in point deductions of between 5-20-points.
- Competitors can use mobile phones and tablets to time the competition and utilise social media during the event. Mobile photos MUST NOT be used for inspiration for the any comp – you must use your creativity, imagination and skill on the day.
- Please use hashtags #nailympia / #nailympiacompetitions/ #nailympiaestonia
- Any competitor not abiding by these rules will take whatever point deduction is offered by the floor judges. For those rules not specifying a point deduction, therewill be one warning, thereafter it will be a 5-point deduction for the next warning and disqualification for the third infringement.
- Judges’ decisions are final. Score sheets will be given out at locations after the awards ceremony where the scoring is done on paper; score sheets will be sent via email after the event.
- For draws or ties in scores, a winner is awarded by the score of Judge 1 , if this also ties, then Judge 2’s scores are taken into account, and so forth.
- Be kind to your model. It’s a long day for them. Make sure they take a bathroom break before the competition. Keep your model fed and well hydrated throughout the competition day. Your model is welcome to time your progress on his/her mobile phone or tablet.
The team at Nailympia is not responsible for any competitor not adhering to or understanding the rules.
It is an INFRINGMENT of copyright to recreate trademarked logos and characters. DO NOT use Disney characters, Warner Bros, Universal or any form of music icons in your designs. These will be disqualified at registration. PLEASE use only your own ideas, imagination and creations in your artwork.
- Next >>