Page 11 of 17
Reality Nail Art Rules 2020
REALITY NAIL ART – brief given on the competition arena
Number 9. 45-mins - 3 tips - Reality Nail Art
- This competition is an open, freestyle competition allowing all competitors to work to their strengths.
- Competitors will be given 45-minutes to complete 3 nail tips supplied by the competition organiser.
- At the start of the competition, competitors will be given a sheet with 3 images. These will represent 3 women (or clothing styles) of different styles and age ranges.
- You need to design a nail that is suitable for a commercial salon service that is applied to all 10 nails. NOT a statement nail. The expected timing to apply the design to all 10 nails will be taken into account, so it will fall within a suitable commercial timing.
- No model necessary.
- Judges will be looking for commercial salon nail art that would appeal to clients that are depicted in the images i.e style and age range.
- No 3D art is acceptable. Flat art or embellishments with rhinestones etc only.
- Media Paints (non-toxic); Gel Polish; Glitters; Foils; Charms; Rhinestones; Flat stones; Decals; Embellishments; One stroke: Dip System – anything goes – just NO 3D.
- The 3 tips must be displayed by sticking them to the paper supplied with tape or tack. Do not offer any explanation or mood board or any extra design to the display. Just 3 tips on the paper provided – adhered next to the images of the 3 women. DO not touch the tips after the comp is complete and the tips are adhered to the paper.
- NO mood boards necessary.
- E-Files and LED/UV lamps are allowed.
- All work must be created during the competition.
- The tech must work alone at the nail desk during the competition.
- The organiser will keep hold of all entries for display on the arena and for photographic purposes until the event closes on Sunday or Monday depending on location.
- Nail tips are provided by the organiser during the brief.
- NEW – Bring a form of adhesive to stick the nails to the brief sheet at the end of the competition for safe judging purposes.