Page 12 of 16
Boxed Flat Nail Art Rules 2020
Number 11. (remote) Boxed Flat Nail Art Submission in box 10 tips
- All entries must be new to the Nailympia arena and can only be entered one time at this competition. No repeat entries from prior years are allowed. NO entries that have been changed or embellished from previous competitions allowed.
- The work must not have been published, on social media or entered into any competition beforehand.
- This competition is an ‘Art painting’ format. Nails to be designed on varying sized nail tips and placed in a display case (no lid or cover required). DO NOT stick the 10 nails together to create one large canvas – there must be a gap between the tips and there must be at least 5 different sized tips used. This is art on many tiny canvases.
- Displays cannot be larger than 10 inches in either direction and no more than 4 inches in height. Having a display any larger may result in it not being displayed and if it’s too large, it may not be accepted. This is left to the discretion of the Nailympia team. The displays are measured by the judges.
- All entries to be 100% complete before the competition. A full set of 10 tips must be created and reflect the different nail sizes, as real nails – judges need to see 5 different nail sized tips. Anyone using all one-size tips will have an automatic 10-point deduction to their final score.
- NOTE – A maximum of ONE entry per competitor is allowed. No entries left after the close of the competition will be returned to the competitor. Unless organised beforehand with relevant postage and packing.
- All entries must be submitted during check-in/registration.
- All entries must be accompanied by a typed description (50 words MAXIMUM) of the work involved on one small sheet of paper/card, including types of nail art media & techniques used. Points will be deducted if no description is provided.
- Contestants use only artistic painting or one stroke.
- Art acrylic paint and gel paints are allowed.
- No decoration or acrylic product L & P can be used; if this happens, there will be a 10-point deduction. This is flat painted art only.
- Any embellishment of actual tips, whether attached to the tip or not, will be considered a violation and 10 points will be deducted.
- Send your box via mail, courier or with another tech if you can’t be at the event in person.