Page 8 of 17
Stiletto Nails Rules 2020
Number 6. 2-hours - 1 hand - Stiletto Nails
- Nails to be sculpted on forms. No tips permitted. 25 forms only on the nail desk.
- Nails can be made using L&P acrylic or UV gel systems.
- The application and length can be designed to the competitor’s desire and ability.
- Artwork can be applied on the surface or encapsulated. If artwork is applied to the surface it must be no more than 1/4inch (0.65cm) in height.
- Gel sealers and top coat are allowed.
- Paint, striper foils, rhinestones and bullion are allowed. Colour foils (plain only) can be used for design. Products used can have colour or glitter added if desired.
- No decals allowed. This means no pre-designed or printed appliqués or decals to be used. No stamping of art allowed.
- Oil, lanolin, cream, lotion and polish dry products may be used.
- Water and soap may be used for finishing.
- E-Files are allowed.
- Gel competitors must bring a UV or LED gel lamp.
- All designs must be original and not seen in previous competitions or images.
- NEW – Pinkie and thumb nails must be pink & white with crisp smile line.
- NOTE – Stiletto Nails offers opportunity to demonstrate perfect structure plus showcasing creative art and design skills.
- TIP – Any debris or dust under the nails will lose points.
- NOTE – A traditional stiletto nail tapers symmetrically and consistently in a straight line from the natural free edge into a sharp point. From the side view, the free edge must extend straight out from the lateral folds to its point. A true stiletto ends in a point.