Page 10 of 17
NEW - Decorative French Rules 2020
Number 8. 75-mins- 3 nails - Decorative French Nails
- 3 nails to be designed – competitor can work on own hand or model.
- Nails must be finished in a colour FRENCH. All three must have French finish with smile line.
- No pinkie or thumb design.
- Showcase your best nail design, shape and style.
- All nail work to be done on the competition floor. No pre-made work allowed. NO pre-tailoring or touching of tips and /or forms before the comp.
- Judges are looking for the ‘wow’ factor. The more skills and creativity you show the better. It’s a showcase of your skills.
- No restrictions on size, shape or length – anything goes.
- Looking for desirable & gorgeous shapes, designs, beauty, style & skills.
- Use L&P acylic, UV gel or hybrid systems to build the nails.
- No gel polish of dip systems allowed.
- Cover pinks/ camouflage allowed.
- Smile lines to be created using a brush. NO tools or smile line cutters allowed.
- On underside of the nail you must see decorative French colour design of the same colour.
- You can use cream, lotion, oil and polish-dry products. Excessive lotion and oil use will afford point deduction.
- NOTE – SCULPTURE ONLY – NO TIPS allowed - Arrive with 25 forms on one roll. Judges will check the forms are not touched or tailored.
- E-files are allowed.
- Artwork can be applied on the surface or encapsulated in the nail.
- Gel sealers and top coats are allowed.
- Paint, stripers, foils, rhinestones, bullion, stamping, decals, appliques - are NOT allowed. Sculpt the design with your brush using coloured UV gels and acrylic powders.
- Colour gel & acrylic powders used for this advanced design style.
- All designs must be original and not seen in previous competitions.