General competion rules
For Nailympia LIVE – All participants
must be registered and access personal account !
NB – Teams are created by Division.
All techs in each team must be from the same division. A team must include 3-6 competitors.
- Nailympia LIVE takes place in video format
- Competitors will be allowed to set up their tools and products BEFORE live video. After briefing stately forbidden to take out any missing work stuff. Deductions will be made if cases are seen in the wrong place. If there are drawers in the nail desks, products and tools can be stored inside them.
- All Electric extensions leads must be checked in advance.
- In case of malfunctions in and out of process the organisers are not responsible and not refund is possible!
- No lighters or matches to be allowed. No naked flame to heat up tips etc. This is a fire risk.
- A full set (2 hands), unless otherwise stated, must be completed and all work must be finished in the time allotted for the competition
- Each competition will have a video briefing, scheduled 15-minutes prior to the start of each event. Before video briefing on the hand of model must be number sticker with cannot took out before the end of the competition.
- Competitors must be present for the video briefing and remain at their desks until the conclusion of the competition. The model cannot leave the video zone from the beginning of the briefing to the end of competition.
- Once the briefing starts, the competitor may not touch the model’s nails until the competition begins. If any competitor touches their model’s nails once the briefing has begun, they will have 5-points deducted from their final score.
- Model’s nails will be checked by live video judges during the video briefing to be certain no work has been done previously.
- Tables will be checked in a video format. All products on the desk must be correctly labelled and will be verified by video. All nail products must be in their original packaging. The only exceptions to this are solvents or alcohols that have been decanted into pumps, products used must be legal and cosmetically approved for use on the nails.
- Tip boxes and forms will be checked by video to make sure no pre-sizing, tailoring or blending has been undertaken. Tip boxes (where appropriate) must be a box of at least 100 tips of various sizes arranged in sizes. Tips must be used straight from the box without any pre-tailoring. Only clear or natural are allowed not white. If the live video judges suspect any pre-tailoring or pre-sizing, a decision will be made by the head floor judge for the category plus one other judge and result in a 20-point deduction for the first infringement and disqualification for the second infringement in any subsequent category. This is in association with the rules on forms. That is, a first infringement may be when using tips. A second infringement may be associated with forms.
- Forms must be used from a roll of at least 25 forms. There must be no pre-tailoring. Free edge support, which is manufactured within the form, is allowed, but not if manually added before the competition. If the live video judges suspect any pre-tailoring, a decision will be made by the head live video judge for the category plus one other judge and will result in a 20-point deduction for the first infringement and disqualification for the second infringement in any subsequent category. This is in association with tips. That is, a first infringement may be when using forms. A second infringement may be when using tips.
- If it’s decided by the judges that prep work has been done on the model prior to the briefing, the competitor will receive a 5-point deduction from their final score.
- Once the allotted time is up, competitors must stop work immediately: all competitors must make video and 5 pictures until all models have left the live video to send them immediately to the judges, on the pictures must be clearly visible number of model (This will take some time.) Competitors will leave video zone after receiving videos and photos by the judges, do not rush
- Any competitor found to still be working on their model after the close of the competition will be disqualified by a live video judge.
- Competitors are responsible for making sure their model understands the judging procedure and of the report of video and photos (There can be up to 3 judges behind the curtain.)
- Models must not leave the live video until the judges receive video and photos . Any model leaving
the live video before to being judged will be disqualified.
- Floor judges have the right to remove, disqualify or award point deductions to any competitor seen to be breaking the rules.
- As this is an international competition – the organiser appreciates things happen that we have no control over. This means the organiser will accept a late competitor (already registered & expected) up to 10-minutes into the competition. New registrations that show up on the day of the competition will not be able to enter in London – as it is a computerized system that is locked before the event. You MUST register up to 2-weeks before. USA, Australasia and Estonia may allow late entries.
- Please download score sheets from the Nailympia website so you can see exactly where points are awarded.
- Competitors must not get up or leave workplace without approval from a judges.
- Kit bags must be stored away from the desks and may not be accessed without approval from the floor judges. The drawers in the desks are for storage only and not for use during the competition. All products and tools for the category must be placed on the desk. Any products that are not allowed for use in the category cannot be used. A repeat of this infringement may result in point deductions of between 5-20-points.
- Competitors use mobile phones and tablets to time the competition and utilise social media during the event. Mobile photos MUST NOT be used or must not be hit published before the end of the award. They should only be sent to judges.
- Please use hashtags #nailympia / #nailympiacompetitions.
- Each competitors will reactive link and exact time before participating in the video competition.
- Any competitor not abiding by these rules will take whatever point deduction is offered by the floor judges. For those rules not specifying a point deduction, there will be one warning, thereafter it will be a 5-point deduction for the next warning and disqualification for the third infringement.
- Judges’ decisions are final. Score sheets will be given out at locations after the awards ceremony where the scoring is done on in the online system, score sheets will be published on the webpage after the event.
- For draws or ties in scores, a winner is awarded by the score of Judge 1, if this also ties, then Judge 2’s scores are taken into account, and so forth.
- Be kind to your model. It’s a long day for them. Make sure they take a bathroom break before the competition. Keep your model fed and well hydrated throughout the competition day. Your model is welcome to time your progress on his/her mobile phone or tablet.
The team at Nailympia is not responsible
for any competitor not adhering to or understanding the rules.
Every effort is being made to ensure the availability of qualified judges from different countries. The judges meet prior to the competition so that they all have a clear understanding of what they are judging and how they should carry out their duties. Judging / score results are available to all competitors after the awards ceremony and judges will make every effort to be available to competitors for any questions / criticism after the event, although this is not guaranteed. The judges are impartial – “blind”; each judge will only be able to see the models hands, Mixed Media (judged like nail tips).
The judges do not know which technician / artist is the author – the models are identified by numbers on the wristband, randomly distributed before each competition. The judges do not evaluate all aspects of the work performed. Each judge is given 2 or 3 criteria out of 10 to be evaluated. This way, they can focus on to a certain aspects of nail design rather than all. This helps to maintain a consistent and fair judging, and helps to keep any judge from dramatically affect overall score, as the judge does not evaluate all aspects alone.
Another advantage of this scoring method is that the judging process is faster in this case, which is good for a major event like ours. In the event of a tie (equal number of points), the Head Judge’s score will determine the place taken by the competitor. For any draws below 10th place, each entry with the same score will simply be listed in alphabetical order, since places below 10th place will not affect the competitor’s ranking. In accordance with the international status of Nailympia, every effort is made to ensure that the panel of judges is a team of experts from all over the world.
Please read all the rules carefully and get clarifications on any issue in which you are not 100% sure, as it is your responsibility. If, during the course of a competition, you are deducted from penalty points for breaking the rules because of misunderstanding the rules, it will be too late to change deduction in the competition. The judges decisions are final and all participants are judged according to the same criteria. Don’t do your “homework” in the competition, ask all the questions you have in advance to get a more positive experience of participation.